Coronavirus Information and Resources
This page is set up to share up-to-date information and links to a variety of resources (general, industry and business) for you.
Our industry wants to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests but also our thousands of employees that work in this industry. Please see the sanitizing, PPE and other COVID-19 related services offered our allied members and also listed at the bottom of this page.
For those that employees that have been impacted, we have set up an Emergency Resource Page with important information and numbers - https://www.hantx.org/covid-19-emergency-assistance-and-resources/
Governor Abbott on March 2 issued an Executive Order (GA-34) lifting the mask mandate in Texas and increasing capacity of all businesses and facilities in the state to 100 percent effective March 10th.
- Outdoor Gatherings - The restrictions on outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people have been lifted, and indoor and outdoor gatherings can occur.
- Face Covering Mandate - The statewide mandate on face coverings will end on March 10th. Please note that businesses may still require employees and patrons to wear a face covering and practice certain health protocols.
THLA strongly recommends that hotels continue following the AHLA Safe Stay protocols which were reviewed by the CDC and developed with leading hotel and safety experts. They have also provided and outline of the Governor's orders - link
AHLA has also updated their Safe Stay protocols that now includes a Meetings & Events checklist - link
But any changes at your property should be done in concert with your management/ownership group.
However, if the COVID hospitalizations rise above the 15% for seven consecutive days the county officials have the ability to limit capacity and implement mitigation strategies. The DFW Metroplex - a 19 country area, is located within Trauma Service Area E.
Returning to Work | OSHA has prepared a document that provides guidance for employers and employees on safely returning to the workplace. Other considerations:
DSHS, the Texas Division of Emergency Management, and other state agencies continue their ongoing preparations so that all of state government is working together to limit the spread of the virus and protect Texans.
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in monitoring the outbreak.
- DSHS website: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Vaccine Availability: COVID-19 Vaccine Information (texas.gov)
Following are some links to our local county health and human services departments - Dallas County Health and Human Services, Collin County Health Department, Denton County Health Department, as well as for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization websites:
- Dallas County HHS website: https://www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/2019-novel-coronavirus.php
- Collin County website: https://www.collincountytx.gov/healthcare_services/Pages/news.aspx
- Denton County website: Denton County GIS - COVID-19 Information (arcgis.com)
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC Guidelines for Large Community Groups: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/index.html
- CDC Guidelines for Workplaces and Businesses: Workplaces and Businesses | COVID-19 | CDC
- WHO website: WHO | World Health Organization
- Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings: https://www.who.int/publications-detail/key-planning-recommendations-for-mass-gatherings-in-the-context-of-the-current-covid-19-outbreak
American Hotel & Lodging Association also has put forth information and resources and will continue to monitor the latest developments tied to this virus issued by government and health officials. https://www.ahla.com/facts-about-coronavirus
- Toolkit - https://www.ahla.com/sites/default/files/Coronavirus%20One%20Pager.pdf
- Stay Safe - AHLA's enhanced industry-wide cleaning and safety standards in response to COVID-19: link
- H.R. 133 new Coronavirus Relief Bill comparison with CARES Act: link
Texas Hotel & Lodging Association has helpful legal and safety information, governmental and news updates on this issue.
Texas Restaurant Association | https://www.txrestaurant.org/news/coronavirus-guidance-resources
- Texas Restaurant Promise: link
U.S. Travel is in close contact with authorities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Homeland Security and officials at several U.S. airports about ongoing developments.
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Toolkit: link
- Travel Industry Relief Resources: link
- Industry Guidance for Promoting the Health & Safety of All Travelers: link
Letter to Governor Abbott to open meeting space from HANTX, Hotel Association of Tarrant County, Austin Hotel and Lodging Association of Austin, Hotel & Lodging Association of Greater Houston, and San Antonio Hotel & Lodging Association - link
THLA's Guide to the 2nd Coronavirus Stimulus program - link
HANTX Town Hall on the Coronavirus Relief Act with THLA (1/14/21): recording
SBA COVID 19 Small Business Guidance and Resources - link
CBRE's resource to provide perspective on the evolving situation, as well as implications for the real estate industry - link
Closing or Suspending Hotel Operations - Checklist from AH&LA - checklist
CMBS - Guide to what borrowers should know about requesting forbearance and relief for commercial real estate mortgages - https://www.crefc.org/cre/content/about/covid-19/borrowers-guide.aspx
Insurance -The NAIC has created a new brief specifically to help people understand those potential impacts on Heath, Travel, Life, Business Interruption, Event Cancellation, Workers’ Compensation, General Business Liability, and Directors and Officers Insurance, as well as Annuities - https://content.naic.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/Insurance%20Brief%20-%20Covid-19%20and%20Insurance.pdf
Sanitizing, PPE and COVID-19 Services provided by HANTX Members
Please see our page that outlines our Allied members that provide sanitizing, PPE, and COVID-19 related services - https://www.hantx.org/covid-19-services/