Call for Nominations
The Hotel Association of North Texas' nominating committee will open nominations for board members on December 26th.
The Hotel Association of North Texas (HANTX) will start accepting nominations for its 2023 board of directors at the end of December. Board members serve a two-year term, starting April 1, and are eligible for re-election provided they are engaged and attend meetings regularly. Nominations must be received by Friday, January 27, 2023.
All submitted nominations are reviewed by the nominating committee, and successful candidates are contacted by the committee to be considered for approval to be on the slate by the full board. A final vote will take place at the Annual Meeting of the organization in March. The selection of the best candidates is driven by the desire to ensure that the board is composed of diverse, engaged members who bring a range of essential skills and experiences and reflect the organization’s mission.
About the Hotel Association of North Texas
The mission of the Hotel Association of North Texas is to further the interests of the hospitality industry through community partnerships, political involvement, member benefits, education, and accountability of hotel occupancy taxes throughout our coverage area.
Learn more about the association on our website at www.hantx.org.
- Be a current member in good standing of HANTX.
- Interpret the organization’s work and values to the North Texas hotel community, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson and ambassador to invite others to connect with HANTX
- Abide by the association’s mission statement and policies
- Serve actively on at least one board committee – Governance, Finance, or Membership Development
- Be able to commit the time required to serve – these include quarterly board meetings of the full board, periodic committee meetings throughout the year, and regular participation in HANTX events
- Promote the organization in a variety of ways, including making connections and sharing information about upcoming programs and opportunities with their network
- Participate actively in fundraising
- Be willing to commit to a two-year term on the board
- Be free of significant conflicts of interest which might not allow the proper execution of the duties of a member of the board of directors
- Be a hotel General Manager, or in lieu of a General Manager, be an executive level hotel associate that is approved by the nominating committee’s interview process.
- Have a demonstrated passion for the hotel and lodging industry and its issues – workforce development and education, advocacy, and community engagement
You may nominate yourself or a colleague. Please note that nominations should include a brief biography including interests and qualifications of the nominee, and what in your view, qualifies the person to be a good fit for the HANTX board of directors.
Nominations for the HANTX Board has closed. Please see the following slate that will be voted on at our Annual Meeting on March 30.