The Hotel Association of North Texas Scholarship Program provides those interested in pursuing a hospitality career or for those already in the industry, expanding their knowledge, opportunities to apply for Associates, Undergraduate, and Continuing Education scholarships.
- Alex Seymour Associate Degree
- Alex Seymour Undergraduate Degree
- Hotel Employee Continuing Education Scholarship
- Jim Howard Hospitality Educator Scholarship
Since its inception, HANTX has given away hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to deserving students and hospitality industry professionals. Established in 1993, the Alex Seymour Scholarship Program has been used as a vehicle to encourage and support hospitality education at the associate and undergraduate degree levels. Later the Jim Howard Scholarship was established to help encourage hospitality educators to enhance their own education and training.
Both men were instrumental to the development of this association, and in remembrance of them, scholarships were named in their honor.
- Alex Seymour | Alex was a former General Manager and was hired as the first Executive Vice President in 1979 of what was then the Dallas Hotel Association and was well-known for mentoring hoteliers. He was instrumental in establishing the Hotel/Motel Boards at DFW Airport that supported the association for several years.
- Jim Howard | Jim began his hospitality career in the late 1950's and started with Hyatt Hotels in 1972. He was the General Manager of the Hyatt Regency at DFW Airport and retired in 1999. He served as a board member of the Hotel Association of Greater Dallas, the Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau, and the Dallas Zoo.
Applications for 2021 are open through September 30, 2021. All applications must be completed on-line.
- Alex Seymour Associate Degree - Criteria | Apply Now
- Alex Seymour Undergraduate Degree - Criteria | Apply Now
- Hotel Employee Continuing Education Scholarship - Criteria | Apply Now
- Jim Howard Hospitality Educator Scholarship - Criteria | Apply Now