HOT(el) Chef Throwdown
A Special Culinary Event for Hotel Chefs
Our 3rd Annual HOT(el) Chef Throwdown in July 2023 was a great success!
In partnership with the World Food Championships and Dallas College, we gave of our best chefs a chance to show off their talents and help us raise money for future members of the hospitality industry. The best part? Those chefs duked it out to earn a “golden ticket” to compete in this year’s World Food Championship, November 8-12th at Dallas' Fair Park.
Check out our video slideshow from our 2023 Throwdown!
It was a heated competition and there were even some tiebreakers. The nine highest-scoring Chefs won a golden ticket into the World Food Championships' category of his/her choice. In addition to free entry into the Ultimate Food Fight in November, the top three highest-scoring Chefs won a cash prize!
Our Golden Ticket Winners!
- Omni Las Colinas - Pan Seared Scallops
- W Dallas - Pan-seared American Red Snapper
- Remington Hotels - Grilled Kanpachi, Blackened Scallop, Seared Trumpet Mushroom, Roasted Corn with Salsa Verde
- Westin Galleria Dallas - Luscious Scallops & Lobster
- Hilton Anatole Team 2 -Ebb and Flow
- Hilton Anatole Team 3 - Summer Garden
- Sheraton Dallas - Gaijin Halibut
- Renaissance Dallas - Ancho Coffee Lamb Loin
- Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre - Halibut Pibil
The competition is for hotel Executive Chefs, Sous Chefs, Pastry Chefs, or up-and-coming Chefs. The Chef’s were challenged to create their best dish in a timed, live cooking competition hosted at the Dallas College Culinary, Pastry and Hospitality Center.
For more information, please see our press release - 2023 Press Release - Hotel Culinary Teams in WFC