HOSPY Nomination FAQs and Category Information
This event is the largest hospitality awards gala in North Texas. Since the Gala's inception in 2007, the Hotel Association of North Texas has maintained the tradition of recognizing and honoring excellence within the hospitality industry for those that have gone above and beyond to leave a positive impact on their guests, team, and property.
The prize is the coveted Crystal Pineapple Award.
Nomination Guidelines and FAQs:
Who is eligible to be nominated? Only HANTX members in good standing and their team members may be nominated for a HOSPY award. To verify membership status, please call 214-484-7060.
How many individuals (or company) may I nominate? Only one (1) nominee per category is allowed. There is a max of five (5) nominations per property.
Is a form required for each nomination? Yes. One (1) form per nomination is required. Please make sure you fill out the form in its entirety.
May I nominate my company? Yes! Please feel free to nominate your company. You may not nominate yourself.
Do nominees get a complimentary seat at the Gala? Yes! Each nominee receives one (1) complimentary ticket.
When's the deadline? October 30th, 2019
What positions are considered part of each "Stars of the Industry" category? The following are a few examples of, but not limited to, job positions that fall under each "Stars of the Industry" category. Please note: these are all non-management positions.
- Front of the House F & B: Server, bartender, room service, host/hostess, cashier, bus person
- Heart of the House F & B: Cook, catering secretary, cafeteria employee, bar back, butcher, ware washer
- Front of the House Guest Services: Bell person, driver, front desk agent, valet attendant, butler
- Heart of the House Guest Services: Floor attendant, seamstress, reservations agent, public area cleaner, rooms control
- Sales, Marketing, and Convention Services: Catering coordinator, event planner, sales representative, banquet employee
- Loss Prevention/Security: Security officer
- Housekeeping/Laundry Services: Room attendant, linen room attendant, laundry attendant, housekeeper
- Administrative: Accountant, human resources assistant, executive assistant, income auditor, purchasing agent, operations employee
- Engineering/Maintenance: Engineer, maintenance employee
A nominee for "Supervisor/Manager of the Year" category can be a supervisor or manager in any department. There are also other categories for Concierge of the Year, Allied Member of the Year, and General Manager of the Year (select service and full service), and Hotel of the Year (select service and full service).
May we get a paper copy of the nomination form and questions? Yes. Please see the links below:
For any other questions or assistance, please contact our office at 214.484.7060.