HOSPY Nomination FAQs and Category Information
This event is the largest hospitality awards gala in North Texas. Since the Gala's inception in 2007, the Hotel Association of North Texas has maintained the tradition of recognizing and honoring excellence within the hospitality industry for those that have gone above and beyond to leave a positive impact on their guests, team, and property.
The prize is the coveted Crystal Pineapple Award. You don't want to miss this year's event!
2021 HOSPY Awards and Gala - November 8, 2021
DEADLINE for nominations - October 22, 2021
Nomination Guidelines and FAQs:
Who is eligible to be nominated? Only HANTX members in good standing and their team members may be nominated for a HOSPY award. To verify membership status, please call 214-484-7060.
How many individuals (or company) may I nominate? Only one (1) nominee per category is allowed. There is a max of five (5) nominations per property.
Why is a photo of the nominee being requested? A "Faces of the Industry" slideshow will be shown during the Gala and we would like to showcase each nominee during this presentation.
Is a form required for each nomination? Yes. One (1) form per nomination is required. Please make sure you fill out the form in its entirety.
May I nominate my company? Yes! Please feel free to nominate your company. You may not nominate yourself.
Do nominees get a complimentary seat at the Gala? Yes! Each nominee receives one (1) complimentary ticket.
When's the deadline? October 22, 2021
What positions are considered part of each "Stars of the Industry" category? The following are a few examples of, but not limited to, job positions that fall under each "Stars of the Industry" category. For 2021, there is not a Heart of the House Guest Services category - those positions were reclassified under other existing categories.
Please note: The nominees in these categories are non-management positions. The "Supervisor/Manager of the Year" category is for management positions.
- Front of the House F & B: Server, bartender, room service, host/hostess, cashier, bus person
- Heart of the House F & B: Cook, catering secretary, cafeteria employee, bar back, butcher, steward, dishwasher
- Front of the House Guest Services: Bell person, driver, front desk agent, valet attendant, butler, rooms control
- Sales, Marketing, and Convention Services: Catering coordinator, event planner, sales representative, banquet employee, reservations agent
- Loss Prevention/Security: Security officer, investigator
- Housekeeping/Laundry Services: Room attendant, linen room attendant, laundry attendant, housekeeper, floor attendant, seamstress, public area cleaner
- Administrative: Accountant, human resources assistant, executive assistant, income auditor, purchasing agent, operations employee
- Engineering/Maintenance: Engineer, maintenance employee
A nominee for "Supervisor/Manager of the Year" category can be a supervisor or manager in any department. There are also other categories for Allied Member of the Year, and General Manager of the Year, and Hotel of the Year.
Please complete the questions about your nominee to the best of your ability. These are very competitive award categories and a good, concise, and well-written nomination is key to communicating the qualifications of a candidate to the review committee.
The review committee will assign points based on your answers such as the nominee goes above and beyond in their role, what is their impact on your property or fellow associates, and if these claims are effectively backed up by supporting examples.
May we get a paper copy of the nomination form and questions? Yes, however all applications MUST be completed online to be accepted. Please see the links below:
- 2021 HOSPY Hotel Employee Nomination Packet
- 2021 HOSPY Hotel Nomination Form
- 2021 HOSPY Allied Member Nomination Packet
The 14th Annual HOSPY Awards Gala will be held on November 8, 2021 at the Hilton Anatole.
For any other questions or assistance, please contact our office at 214.484.7060.